Commercial kitchens are challenging working environments and regardless of whether you operate a sizeable school or hotel kitchen or are the owner manager of a small catering establishment, FOG can have major impact on your business.
What is FOG?
FOG is the abbreviation for the fats, oils and grease which are found in the wastewater produced by kitchens. FOG comprises fats, oil, grease created by food debris, fats and oils used in the cooking process, and the washing of food equipment, utensils and crockery. All kitchens produce wastewater which contains fats, oils and greases (FOG) as well as food debris.
Save time and costs with our wide portfolio of grease separators and grease traps for kitchen of all sizes.
Installing a grease trap or separator will help:
- Keep your business running smoothly and avoid losing income due to kitchen closure while the drains are blocked.
- By preventing internal drain blockages and so avoid the cost and management time in organising jet washing of internal drains is greatly reduced.
- Avoid odours from your restaurant due to blocked drains that might lead to visits from Environmental Health Services.
- Safer environment for your staff, your food and your customer.
- Minimize the possibility of food contamination.
- Compliance with legal regulations. Certified technology that meets the requirements of EN 1825 and DIN 4040-100
- Minimize the ecological trace of your establishment.
- Peace of mind. Our products are durable, reliable and easy to maintain.
Different types and sizes of commercial kitchens require different wastewater management solutions. Your choice of grease management solution will depend on a variety of key specification criteria including the size of your kitchen, the type of food you prepare, the equipment used for food preparation, the contents of your wastewater and the density of the FOG produced.
Our grease separators are specifically designed to help prevent the build-up of FOG in kitchen drainage and ultimately avoid a fatberg in the main sewer network.