Five fascinating facts about the Fraunhofer Institute IVV
To mark the completion of our latest independent research project into hygienic design and engineering, we give you five fascinating facts about our research partner, The Fraunhofer Institute for Process Engineering and Packaging (Fraunhofer IVV).
1. The renowned Fraunhofer Institute is just one of many research institutes operated by The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft and focuses on the areas of process engineering and packaging.
2. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is the leading organization for applied research in Europe. Its work aims to focus purely on people’s needs with regard to health, security, communication, energy and the environment.
3. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft’s research activities are conducted by no less than 67 institutes and research units situated at locations throughout Germany.
4. The organisation also has affiliated international research centers and representative offices across Europe, Asia, the USA and South America. These affiliated centres provide contact with the regions of greatest importance to present and future scientific progress and economic development.
5. It employs 24,000 people, has an annual research budget totaling more than 2.1 billion euros and conducts work for the public sector and some of the world’s most recognised companies.